We consider corporate and commercial work, as well as M&A as the core activity of our practice. We service a range of international clients in different sectors of the economy and advise on a broad variety of corporate and commercial work.
We understand how important for you is the smooth and effective process of establishment of your operations in Bulgaria. In this regard we are in a position to render full scope advice and assistance on legal issues, including the overall framework for foreign investments in the country, advice on selecting the most appropriate legal form of business organisation and practical assistance in the process of setting up and registration.
We also advise and assist our clients in regulatory procedures before different governmental bodies for obtaining versatile approvals, licenses and registrations, preparation of all types of corporate documents, commercial agreements and related documentation. We also advise on any related tax, social security and employment issues arising in the context of your operations.
Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge and abundant practical experience in local, as well as international transactions for the acquisition and disposal of businesses, providing full range assistance to the seller or the buyer side.
We are aware of the entire process and can render high-profile assistance in each and every step until successful completion of the transaction, including:
- Preliminary phase – introducing the client with the legal and regulatory framework, discussing the options for structuring the transaction and approaching the other party up until reaching of preliminary agreement in the form of a termsheet or letter of intent;
- Legal due diligence phase – providing a focused report of the targeted business/corporate structure, outlining the key findings of our analysis and the recommended steps to be performed during transaction negotiations;
- Determining the form of the deal – based on the clients intentions and due diligence findings we advise on the most appropriate form of the deal, i.e. shares deals or asset deals, transfers of going concerns, setting up of SPVs, mergers by way of acquisition, etc.;
- Transaction documents phase – drafting and assisting in negotiation of the contractual documentation;
- Regulatory approvals phase – assisting the client in obtaining the required concentration and regulatory clearances, other permits and authorizations;
- Closing phase – monitoring the successful and punctual execution of the deal and all applicable procedures for the purpose of valid and indisputable transfer of the title and control, the receipt of the payment, the release of the seller’s representatives from the management bodies, etc.