The labour law regulations in Bulgaria tend to be one of the most “conservative” sectors of our legislative system. On the other hand, employment is a fluid and fast-changing area of law in the EU and worldwide and this represents a challenge to local labour doctrine, court practice and legislators.
We understand that one of the crucial preconditions for our clients’ successful business operations is the wise management of their human resources and the consideration of the human factor. Our law firm can provide the adequate legal support and regulatory compliance assistance in this area by rendering informed, confidential and professional advice on the full range of employment issues. Our clients come to us to help them manage their risks and provide strategic advice on crucial employment-related issues, as well as day-to-day support.
Our key areas of employment advice include:
- Employment relationships – drafting and negotiating employment agreements and policies; consulting and secondment arrangements; full support in lawful termination of employment relations; advice with regard to confidentiality and non-compete arrangements;
- Restructuring – regulatory advice and practical assistance in labour related aspects of restructuring processes, as well as in redundancy procedures;
- Mergers, acquisitions and outsourcing – advising on the employment aspects of mergers and takeovers, buyouts, outsourcings and other commercial transactions;
- Expatriation – advising clients on immigration, related taxation issues and other legal requirements that arise when sending employees to foreign countries and recruiting from abroad;
- Litigation – advising and representing clients in relation to all types of employment litigation, mediation and dispute resolution.