During the booming real estate investment activity in Eastern Europe and in Bulgaria in particular over the greater part of the first decade of this century our lawyers have gained solid experience by providing legal advice to foreign and local investors in the financing and acquisition of real estate and the subsequent development of facilities of different purpose and scale. Our lawyers have the experience and the legal expertise to advise clients on all legal aspects related to real estate transactions.
However, in the last few years, in line with the global crisis, the real estate industry has been faced with significant challenges. Though investors are interested in real estate’s potential, they are increasingly selective about the opportunities they support. The current climate offers certain buying opportunity for those looking for bargains from distressed sellers keen to exit but the general hindrance for all is the funding gap. This has imposed a number of restructuring operations for real estate holders and developers in Bulgaria, as well as difficult negotiations for refinancing.
We can use our long time experience to help you in all legal issues of investor’s interest, including:
- Performing real estate due diligence review
- Providing deal structuring, drafting of possible legal schemes for acquisition of real estate properties, e.g. through asset deals, share deals, contributions in-kind, etc.
- Advising on tax implications related to the different schemes of acquisitions
- Assisting in negotiations with financial institutions for financing of the acquisition
- Rendering practical assistance throughout the acquisition process until full and final transfer of the title over the targeted properties
- Assisting in achieving refinancing of property portfolios and implementing restructuring processes, advising on real estate aspects of restructuring and insolvency work, including enforcement of securities
- Advising in lettings, asset management, and sale arrangements.